Trade License is a license or permission issued by the municipal corporation granting permission to carry on a particular trade on a particular address.
Now the need of trade license. The most important one is that it prevents you from being penalized. Carrying out business without procuring a trade license is an offence in India.
Further it is a proof that no illegal activity is carried out in your establishment The Shop and establishment Act regulates the conduct of business like working hours, benefits to employees and all.
What are the Documents required for Trade License?
- Address proof and PAN Copy of Directors / Partners of the Business
- Bank Statement / Cancelled Cheque of the business
- Constitution proof of the business in case of Firm / Company
- Rental Agreement / EB Card for Proof of Business place
What is the process for getting Trade licence?
- Fill the appropriate form as prescribed by the municipality to obtain trade license.
- Submit the duly filled form along with required documents to the municipal authority.
- Concerned officer shall grant trade license to theapplicant after due verification of the documents and the form submitted.