Every establishment dealing with Imports/Exports is required to get a IE Code from the concerned state government authority.
The first requirement before you start an import/ export business in India is to obtain an IEC. An IEC is necessary for import/export of goods. In case the import/export is of services or technology, IEC is required in only limited circumstances, when import/export is in ‘specified services’ or ‘specified technologies’, i.e. services or technologies in which international trade is restricted by the Government of India as they pertain to national security, such as dealing in nuclear weapons, automatic guns, etc.
What are the Documents required for IE Code License?
- Copy of PAN Card
- Address proof of the Applicant (Aadhar catd or Voter ID card)
- Passport Size of Photograph of the Applicant
- Cancelled cheque of the Business
- Copy of Partnership Deed
- Board Resolution as the case may be
What is the process for getting IE Code License?
- Element needs to apply for IE Code by filling in the concerned structures as endorsed by the goverment.
- Properly filled structures should be submitted alongside expected archives to the DGFT.
Qualification, Legal Provisions and Conditions for IEC Code Number
- Qualification condition and Legal Provisions are given for IEC Code Number Application in Foreign Trade (Regulation) Rules, 1993 Ministry of Commerce, Notification No. GSR 791 (E), dated 30-12-1993.
Application for Grant of IEC Number
- An application for concede of IEC number might be made by the Registered/Head Office of the candidate and apply to the closest Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, the Registered office in the event of organization and Head office in the event of others, falls in the ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A’ and should be joined by reports recommended in that. If there should be an occurrence of STPI/EHTP/BTP units, the Regional Offices of the DGFT having ward over the locale in which the Registered/Head Office of the STPI unit is found might issue or alter the IECs.